Tuition fee reduction You can be granted a tuition fee reduction only if you specifically apply for it.
Read the Tuition Fee Regulations
and Tuition Fee Guide 2018//2019
for information on how apply for tuition fee reduction. Full-time students
If you are a full-time student, you can receive a tuition fee reduction on the basis of your family’s financial condition (determined by the “ISEE Universitario/ISEE Parificato”).
Tuition fees must be paid in two instalments:
- first- year students: the first instalment of the tuition fees must be paid upon enrolment; the secondfinstalment is due by 29th March 2019.
- continuing students (enrolled in year 2 or beyond): the first instalment of the tuition fees must be paid upon enrolment (by 12th October 2018), the second instalment is due by 29th March 2019.
If you are a part-time student you cannot be granted any tuition fee reduction on the basis of your family’s financial condition. You cannot receive any merit-based refund nor any scholarship. The amount of your tuition fees as a part-time student depends on your Annual Personal Study Plan. As a general rule, you are charged a fixed fee, plus a variable fee which is proportional to the number of credits included in your Annual Personal Study Plan. This rule does not apply to students who have an income (ISEE) below 30,500.00 €
and who meet some specific requirements.
For more information, please read the Tuition Fee Regulations
and the Tuition Fee Guide 2018/2019
(part III). Payment methods
You can pay your tuition fees from your personal page
of the Teaching Portal – Segreteria on-line – Tuition fees and payments – Pay your tuition fees
. You can choose one of the following payment methods:
- MAV (Modulo Avviso Pagamento / electronic deposit slip). At first you must generate your MAV (please note that you can insert a different amount from the one that is automatically generated by the system). You can pay your MAV at any bank counter or through the on-line banking service of your own bank. If you want to pay at a bank counter, you must print your MAV and show it at the bank counter. If you pay through the on-line banking service of your bank, you must use the code generated by the system, without having to print the MAV. The MAV is a univocal code and can be used only for the credit amount generated in that moment. The MAV will be valid until the payment is done. A bank commission of 0,59 € is applied for every MAV transaction. Payment will be automatically recorded within five days from the date of payment (after the bank has sent the data to Politecnico); therefore you do not need to go to the Office of the University’s Registrar in order to record your payment. Please note that if you pay your MAV after 5.00 p.m., the bank might not record the payment within the same day(you must verify with your bank their schedule for recording payments). This could be a problem if the payment happens on the day of the deadline (extra costs will be applied for late payment);
- Credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or debit card: a bank commission of 1% is charged when you use this payment method. At the end of the procedure you can get a receipt with the payment details;
- PagoPa (online electronic payment to the Public Administration). There are two payment options
- Avviso di pagamento/ Payment notice: you can generate a payment notice that you can pay at any facility that has a payment agreement with the Public Administration. When you use this method, your payment will be recorded within 24 hours.
- Credit card: when you use this method, your payment is recorded immediately.
Click on Details
to find out about payment commissions and circuits in order to choose the best service for you.
At our front desks (Office of the University Registrar)
We remind you that you cannot pay your tuition fees by bank transfer.
- Bancomat (debit card);
- Credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or debit card: : a bank commission of 1% is charged when you use this payment method.