procedure applies to all Non-EU applicants living outside Italy
who need a study visa type-D
to enter Italy for enrollment in an Italian University.
If you fall under this category, along with your application to Politecnico di Torino, you MUST also submit a pre-enrolment application on-line
through the UNIVERSITALY
portal.HOW TO APPLY ON UNIVERSITALY
All information on how to complete the pre-enrolment application is available in the portal.VERY IMPORTANT:
These info are necessary and will help us to validate your pre-enrolment quickly.DEADLINE TO APPLY ON UNIVERSITALY FOR A.Y. 2020/21
- fill in your personal data according to your passport
- in Step B you are required to enter the ID account at the chosen University, that is your POLITO APPLY username: e.i. F454343
- you are required to attach the “Expression of interest” or “Eligibility” letter available in the MAIN section of your PoliTO on-line application form
- upload the same documents used for your PoliTO on-line application form. Please note that Declaration of Value or CIMEA Statement of Comparability is not required at this stage, it will be later, for enrollment procedures for both Bachelor and Master of Science programs.
The deadline to submit your pre-enrolment form for Politecnico di Torino on Universitaly website is September 18th, 2020
for both Bachelor and Master of Science programs.PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- the pre-enrollment application is the first step for the issuing of study visa type-D. The “Eligibility letter” given by Politecnico does not replace in any case the official pre-enrolment procedure which must be done only through the UNIVERSITALY portal
- the preliminary acceptance by the university does not confer any right to obtain a visa
- once the pre-enrolment application has been submitted and validated by Politecnico di Torino, it will be received by the Italian Embassy/Consulate of your home country. You will be then contacted by them for study-visa application. The subsequent pre-enrolment phases will therefore be completed at the Diplomatic-consular missions for the purpose of obtaining the visa. Contact them directly to know about documents required for visa.
- due to COVID-19 emergency situation, in A.Y. 2020/21 the physical mobility of international students in Italy may be replaced, if necessary, with distance learning activities at least until the end of 2020. In particular, Politecnico di Torino will guarantee, during both semesters a.y. 2020/21, the online provision of the entire first and second-level teaching offer and the possibility to take the exams online: http://www.coronavirus.polito.it/en/
- if you need an entry visa for Italy, you should in any case promptly arrange for a visa application for study purposes at Italian Embassy/consulate of your home country. The procedures for issuing the visa must be completed, by 30 November 2020, unless otherwise indicated. This is in order to allow the effective enrollment of international students and payment of university fees.