The Learning by Doing approach within the Mining Engineering programme includes:
- Option of internship at mining and service companies
- Encouragement to develop final project with the industry
- Technical visits to mines and quarries
- Practical projects on real data and case histories with software.
Here some examples of the site visits organized in the previous years:
- Turin underground railway connection construction site
- High capacity railway link Genova-Milan construction site
- Several quarries in Piemonte region and beyond (Moncalvo, gypsum; Roaschia limestone; Robilante, quartzite ; Fontane and Imerys – Rodoretto, talc; Rorà and Bagnolo, Luserna stone; Candoglia, marble; Carrara, marble)
- Several waste treatment and recycling plants (IREN – Torino, plastics; Tritogom, tires; Sasil, sand and glass; Gaia, waste & compost
- UNICEM Roccavione: quarry and cement plant.