IMPORTANT! (for students that attended a bachelor programme in Italy)
The deadline to request the admission to the Spring semester of the master level degree through the Apply system is on the 13th of February, 2018.
Photo: Claudia Cassatella
In the academic year 2017-2018 the MSc in Territorial, Urban, Environmental and Landscape Planning will offer a curriculum in English, Planning for the Global Urban Agenda (PGUA), besides the already existing curriculum in Italian, Urban and Regional Planning (URP).
The programme foresees a first semester in Italian, with the possibility to choose courses in English or English friendly in a wider catalogue. The following two semesters are organised according to an Italian or an English curriculum. The final semester is for the master thesis, in Italian or in English (30 ECTS, with the possibility of an internship).
Below the course programme (also available in the general "Course Programme" page, see link in the left column).
1° semester: common programme, in Italian, possible options in English and/or English Friendly
- Transport Planning (6 ECTS)
- History and Criticism of built Heritage (6 ECTS)
- Energy Consumption and Environmental Sustainability (4 ECTS)
- Territorial and Strategic Planning (6 ECTS)
- Territorial Governance in Europe (6 ECTS)
2° semester: Italian curriculum "Urban and Regional Planning"
Landscape and Territorial Planning (6 ECTS)
- Planning Rules and Institutional Context (6 ECTS)
- Territorial Hydrology (6 ECTS)
- Studio: Landscape and Territorial Planning (14 ECTS)
Environmental Evaluation (4 ECTS)
Rural Landscape Ecology (4 ECTS)
2° semester: English curriculum "Planning for the Global Urban Agenda"
- Methodologies for Social Inclusion and Participation (6 ECTS)
- Transnational Programmes Design (4 ECTS)
- Geomatics for Urban and Regional Analysis (6 ECTS)
- Studio: Planning for Heritage (10 ECTS)
Heritage-based Planning (6 ECTS)
Urban and Landscape Heritage (4 ECTS)
1° semester: Italian curriculum "Urban and Regional Planning"
- Urban and Territorial Geography (6 ECTS)
- Environment and Territorial Sociology (6 ECTS)
- Studio: Urban Planning (12 ECTS)
Urban Planning (6 ECTS)
Evaluation and Economic Feasibility (3 ECTS)
Urban Morphology Analysis and Design (3 ECTS)
1° semester: English curriculum "Planning for the Global Urban Agenda"
- Global Urban Geographies (6 ECTS)
- Urban and Regional Economics (6 ECTS)
- Studio: Spatial Planning for Climate Change (12 ECTS)
Climate Planning (6 ECTS)
Urban Hydrology (3 ECTS)
Urban Ecology (3 ECTS)
Final thesis (30 ECTS) or thesis + internship (20 + 10 ECTS)