Avio Aero, a leading company in the design, manufacture and maintenance of components and systems for civil and military aviation, reinforces the strong partnership with the Politecnico di Torino, investing, along with the entire group General Electric, technology of the future: the additive manufacturing and Digital.From the strategical point of view Avio Aero is becoming a Digital industry through:
- Increasing opportunities for software-defined & data management as revenue generator with an impact on the new business model;
- Speeding the change requirements from “months” to “days” implementing the cloud based Platform Predix;
- Building on current IT investments and assets: converge of IT & OT
From the organizational point of view Avio Aero is enhancing the Digital League team a mission based team able to guide and execute the change supporting the functions to digitalize processes and activities.
Avio Aero will offer to the selected applicant a job opportunity, hiring her/him through a HIGH APPRENTICESHIP CONTRACT (ex Art.45 - D. Lgs 81/2015).
Workplace: Rivalta di Torino
Duration: 24 months
Contract applied: C.C.N.L. Metalmeccanico
Entry level: Employee
The Apprentice will became part of the Digital League starting to deal with the new digital platforms introduction and learning to be a point of reference for all related stakeholders.
- Participate on cross functional Agile teams to deliver digital solutions for Avio Aero;
- Create visualizations and communicate insights/findings in simplified way;
- Participate to Steering Committee where the results of cross-functional teams are present to stakeholders;
- Support the delivery of data management platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses and different needs;
- Support the research and the evaluation of new data technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Materials or Aerospace Engineering preferred
- Significant and relevant experience in mechanical design and technologies
- Exposure to CAD systems, Unigraphics preferred
- Ability to work successfully in team environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at a variety of levels, from detailed design reviews to high-level leadership reviews
- Demonstrated proficiency in written, oral, and presentation skills
- Fluency in Italian and English
- EU work permit
- Available to travel and colocation periods in Avio plants (Rivalta, Cameri, others)
- Passion for technical excellence and technology advancement
- Able to self-manage workload across a number of designs
- Self–directed and motivated
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Familiarity with engineering tools for mechanical analysis and data processing
- Previous experience with additive manufacturing (internship, thesis, …)
- The company will evaluate each submitted application
- The profiles that will respond to the internal selection criteria will be contacted in a phone pre-screening interview
- As second and final step, candidate will have individual interviews with HR and Business representatives.
GE Avio contacts:
Indirizzo Via 1° Maggio 56
10040 Rivalta di Torino (TO) - Italy