|Politecnico di Torino|
|Anno Accademico 2010/11|
Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Dell'Autoveicolo (Automotive Engineering) - Torino
At the end of the course the student should have acquired a good knowledge of the main transformation processes of the materials, used in industry for the manufacture of mechanical parts, as well as the capability of defining the manufacturing cycles with the use of a CAM instrument.
1) Introductory Part (4 hours):
· Basic notions of productive processes.
-The production cycle and its articulation. Definitions of: crossing or flow time, cycle time, time for preparation of machine. Definition of direct, indirect, variable, semivariable and fixed costs.
- Analysis of the correlation between the characteristics of the product and the process. Alternating cycles and assessment of the break even point.
2) Machining operations (30 hours)
-Definition of cutting and feed motions.
· Turning (8 hours):
- Aims, definitions, process parameters. Basic elements of the machine.
- Tool geometry: cutting angles and their functions; correlations between feed, tip radius and roughness; the chip-breaker.
- Clamping devices and fixtures.
- Considerations on the choice of the parameters of cut and evaluation of the cutting forces.
· Drilling (4 hours):
- Aims, definitions and process parameters. The geometry of the drill and its' sharpening: Evaluation of the cutting torque and of the feed resistance. Particular types of drills.
- Finishing of holes: boring and honing.
- Examples of dimensioning of a multiple drilling head.
· Milling (4 hours).
- Aims, tool forms, definitions, process parameters.
- Chip formation and the approximate calculation of the forces and of the absorbed power.
- Examples of milling machines: milling unit and machining centres
- Outlines of clamping devices
- Examples of dimensioning of a milling machine.
· Broaching (2 hours).
- Aims, tool forms, definitions, process parameters, applications
- Chip formation and approximate calculations of the forces and power.
- Examples of application in the machining of a piston-rod
- Dimensioning of a clamping device
· Grinding (4 hours).
- Aims, main geometries and relevant motions.
- The grinding wheel: composition and identification.
- The cutting process and evaluation of the forces.
- The main parameters.- Outlines of special processes: HSG (high speed grinding), integral grinding, grinding of gears, shafts and cranks.
· The cutting tools (4 hours).
- Materials: steels, carbides, ceramics, polycrystalline materials.
- Lubrication in cooling
- Duration of the tools and Taylor's laws .
- Economy of the cutting.
· Cutting theory outlines (4 hours)
- Theory of the shear plan.
- Theories of Merchant and Lee & Shaffer.
- Chip formation and cutting temperature.
· Outlines of forming processes (6 hours)
· Elementary considerations on the theory of plasticity.
- Behaviour of the materials.
- Theory of the thin element.
· Basic processes.
- Cold and hot rolling.
- Wire drawing
Laboratori e/o esercitazioni
15 laboratories of 2 hours dedicated to the formation of machining cycles using a commercial CAM product with wide range of use.
M. Santochi and F. Giusti " Tecnologia Meccanica e studi di Fabbricazione" Casa editrice Ambrosiana ' Edition 2000.
S. Kalpakjian " Maufacturing processes for Engineering Materials" Addison Wesley.
Controlli dell'apprendimento / Modalità d'esame
The exam consists of a written and oral test.
|Orario delle lezioni|
|Statistiche superamento esami|
Programma definitivo per l'A.A.2009/10