Laurea Specialistica (Master of science-level of the Bologna process) IN NANOTECHNOLOGIES FOR ICT ENGINEERING
Academic Year 2009/10
First established in this format in the A.Y. 2004/05
Degree class 32/S: ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
Referente del corso:
Taught in English
- Duration and location
- Professional profile
- Job opportunities
- Program of study
- Final exam
- Requisites for admission to the Master of Science (Laurea specialistica)
- Riconoscimento di attivita formative o professionali
- Tasse e contributi universitari
- Organizzazione struttura didattica
- Servizi agli studenti
- Rappresentanti degli studenti
- Sintesi dei risultati sulla soddisfazione dei laureandi (Alma Laurea)
- Percentuale dei laureati che trovano posto di lavoro
- Sintesi dei risultati dei questionari sulla soddisfazione degli studenti (C.P.D.)
This course is entirely held in English
Duration: 2 years
Location: Torino - C.so Duca degli Abruzzi 24
Secretariat: Northern Secretariat
The aim of this course is to develop a professional as requested by industries with advanced technologies. A graduate in micro and nanotechnologies can develop methods and products to increase know-how and
competitiveness of European industries with advanced technologies, especially in the information technologies field.
The graduate has deep and up-to-date skills in the micro and nanotechnologies field, in materials and processes, to develop micro- and nanodevices, that are going to be very important in the global market during the next decades. He/She is able to design and develop new techniques for advanced micro- and nanotechnologies.
The students of this course study in Grenoble, Lausanne and Torino and the lectures are in English, French and Italian; they study microelectronics, that is the basis of micro- and nanotechnologies. The course requires students to move for three semesters from Torino to Grenoble and Lausanne, in order to enter in contact with academic and research structures, that the three Schools have at their disposal. This working shift gives the students the opportunity to compare different methodologies of the three nations. So the students have an international education that helps their employment in European industries that use advanced technologies.
Employment opportunities are very good because the specific professional can work in a lot of high-tech industries within the French-Swiss-Italian area (one of the highest technological density areas in Europe). The themes studied coincide with many qualifying points of the 6th EU Program in Switzerland. In France as well there are national projects dedicated to production activities (MINATEC Project in France). In Italian research plan, micro- and nanotechnologies occupy a great deal of strategic targets.
1. To be admitted to the final exam the student must have successfully finished all the previous exams. 2.The final exam for the Bachelor's degree (Laurea di I livesslo) consists of the public discussion of a dissertation or of a written thesis. The final exam for the Master of Science (Laurea specialistica) consists of the public discussion of a dissertation worked out by the student under the guidance of a professor. In both cases, the assesments of the student is the result of the whole academic curriculum and of the final exam. 3. Educational structures decide how the Examining Board, that will give the Master's Degree (Laurea specialistica) is made up. 4. The Examinig Board for the Bachelor's Degree (Laurea di I livello) is made up from 5 to 7 members, including the President; the Examinig Board for the Master of Science (Laurea specialistica) is made up from 7 to 11 members, including the President. In both cases the most of the members are professors or confirmed researchers. The Examinig Board can give up to 110 points; the honour can be given if the mark is 110 and if all the members agree. With the Master's Degree (Laurea specialistica) it is possible to obtain the Dignità di Stampa<(i> if the final mark is 110 with honour and all the members agree.
Bachelors (Laurea di I livello) that give access to this Master of Science (Laurea specialistica):Information and Communication Technologies Engineering in Torino, Information and Communication Technologies Engineering in Aosta, Information and Communication Technologies Engineering (France-Italy) in Torino/Grenoble, Telecommunication Engineering in Torino, Telecommunication Engineering (a distanza) in Torino, Electronic Engineering in Torino, Electronic Engineering in Mondovì, Electronic Engineering (a distanza) in Torino, Physical Engineering in Torino, Computer Engineering in Torino, Computer Engineering in Ivrea, Computer Engineering (a distanza) in Torino, Computer Engineering (a distanza) in Scano di Monteferro, Computer Engineering (a distanza) in Alessandria, Mechatronics Engineering in Ivrea e Computer and telecommunication Networks Engineering in Mondovì.