The programme aims to provide all the cognitive tools necessary for an architect who will be in a position to manage entire design/planning processes with a focus on sustainability, interacting with other professionals involved and coordinating input. It is divided into five multidisciplinary design ateliers, elective courses, internship activities and final thesis, focusing on integrating the various disciplines that make up the plan of studies... More...
The programme aims to provide all the cognitive tools necessary for an architect who will be in a position to manage entire design/planning processes with a focus on sustainability, interacting with other professionals involved and coordinating input.
It is divided into five multidisciplinary design ateliers, elective courses, internship activities and final thesis, focusing on integrating the various disciplines that make up the plan of studies. The multidisciplinary ateliers, through projects on appropriately defined issues, integrate different disciplines and expertise with a focus on project sustainability.
The Master programme in Sustainable Architecture is organised in four semesters, the last of which will be entirely dedicated to training and preparation of the dissertation (final exam).
The five ateliers, which take place in the 2 semesters of the first year and first semester of the second year, are designed to address in succession and at different scales of intervention the various themes that contribute to the design process:
- restoration of architectural assets, with a focus on knowledge and skills related to planning, conservation, refunctionalisation, management and promotion of architectural assets;
- urban planning, with a focus on expertise in strategies for organisation and management of territorial transformation processes and their social implications;
- architectural design, centred on competences in the aesthetic, distributive, functional, structural, technical-constructive, managerial, economic, social and environmental issues entailed in solving complex architectural problems, and critical skills regarding cultural changes and the needs expressed by contemporary society;
- design of building/plant systems, with a focus on expertise in materials and building and plant technologies and systems, as well as strategies for energetic-environmental optimization;
- financial assessment of design projects, with a focus on knowledge and expertise in issues of economic and financial feasibility of projects and organisation at professional, business and contractor level.
The training methodology involves the use of traditional and innovative cross-disciplinary tools, including workshops, integrated seminars and visits to professional firms. The last semester will include an internship to introduce students to the world of work, whether in the professional, administrative or building contexts, and preparation of the thesis under the supervision of an academic advisor.
The MSc degree course in Sustainable Architecture responds to an increasing demand both at professional and research levels, nationally and Europe-wide, for professionals who can manage the complexity of the design/planning process in various fields and at different scales, with a focus on sustainability, in building and modification of the physical environment and landscape. Students acquire a cultural formation that enables them to address the... More...
|The Study program qualifies the following professional profile/s:||Roles and skills:|
This public procedures management architect figure is trained to fulfil positions of high responsibility, in public and private institutions and entities, operating in construction and conversion of the environment and territory. He can fulfil the role of RUP (responsabile unico del procedimento; L.509/1999)
SKILLS RELATED TO THE ROLE:
This public architect knows and applies the regulations provided for Public Works, prepares the cases and the plans for the conversion of the constructed environment and territory. He takes part in the various commissions (construction, urbanization, etc.) that are appointed to examine architectural and conversion plans of the environment and territory. He works side by side with the institutions that manage the city and the region.
The public architect can work in institutional entities, public institutions and ministries
|Qualifications for further studies||Knowledge required to continue studies|
The subjects contained in the study program are divided in learning areas and defined by the "Dublin descriptors" shown in the chart on panel A4b - expected learning outcomes.