CCNE - COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS ENGINEERING
Multiuser NOMA with real modulation and coding
keywords MULTIUSER COMMUNICATIONS, NOMA
Reference persons GIORGIO TARICCO
Research Groups CCNE - COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS ENGINEERING
Thesis type THEORETICAL AND SIMULATION
Description The thesis proposal is articulated in the following steps.
1. Review of the basic concepts about Non Orthogonal Multiple Access (NOMA) systems and their applications in 5th generation (5G) communication systems.
2. Development of a NOMA system based on the information theoretical approach for a two-user system with a fair rate target.
3. Implementation of the NOMA system by using a superposition encoder relying on off-the-shelf channel codes and modulations from some communications standard.
4. Optimization of the power allocation for the implemented system and comparison with the information theoretically optimal power allocation.
5. Possible extension to multiple (>2) user communication systems.
See also https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.10001
Required skills Probability, Signal processing, Digital communications, Information theory
Deadline 27/10/2023 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA