GR-06 - ELECTRONIC DESIGN AUTOMATION - EDA
Implementation of Blockchain in Smart Grids to Optimize Energy Exchange in IoT-supported Energy Communities
External reference persons Luca Barbierato(email@example.com)
Research Groups DAUIN - GR-06 - ELECTRONIC DESIGN AUTOMATION - EDA, EDA Group, ELECTRONIC DESIGN AUTOMATION - EDA, Energy Center Lab, GR-06 - ELECTRONIC DESIGN AUTOMATION - EDA, ICT4SS - ICT FOR SMART SOCIETIES
Thesis type EXPERIMENTAL
Description Smart Grids represent a significant evolution in the field of electrical energy distribution, enabling a more efficient and sustainable management of energy resources. Simultaneously, energy communities are emerging as an innovative solution for the localized production and sharing of renewable energy. The integration of emerging technologies such as blockchain and the Internet of Things (IoT) can further enhance the efficiency and transparency of these communities, allowing for direct and secure energy exchange among participants . This thesis aims to explore the implementation of blockchain in Smart Grids with a specific emphasis on the development and optimization of local energy communities supported by IoT.
The aims of the thesis consist on:
1. Studying the State of Art of Smart Grids and Energy Communities that use blockchains
2. Design and develop a model for a local energy community based on blockchain and IoT. This should include defining the rules, energy exchange mechanisms, and required technological infrastructure.
3. Perform a performance evaluation of the implemented energy community model, measuring the efficiency, security, and reliability of blockchain and IoT-based energy transactions.
4. Examine the regulatory implications related to the implementation of blockchain-based energy communities, including privacy and security issues. Propose solutions to address these concerns
5. Analyze the economic and environmental impacts of implementing blockchain in Smart Grids and energy communities, with a focus on optimizing the use of renewable energy resources.
 A. Augello, P. Gallo, E. R. Sanseverino, G. Sciumè and M. Tornatore, "A Coexistence Analysis of Blockchain, SCADA Systems, and OpenADR for Energy Services Provision," in IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 99088-99101, 2022, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3205121.
Deadline 24/10/2024 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA