ICT4SS - ICT FOR SMART SOCIETIES
Integration of advanced energy services with Smart Speakers (Google/Alexa)
Reference persons EDOARDO PATTI
External reference persons Christian Camarda (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thesis type EXPERIMENTAL
Description Midori (startup founded in Turin and hosted in I3P) developed Ned, a smart meter that provides users with the consumptions of home appliances installing only one single battery supplied sensor at the electrical control panel by mean of a common current clamp. Ned works with advanced algorithms of pattern recognition and data analytics.
The aim of Ned is giving users data consumption of home appliances, increasing their awareness on energy usage and providing them accurate tips to reduce energy wastes, tailored on daily behaviors, by mean of a gamified platform with monthly challenges, incentives and rewards. Ned wants to stimulate a cultural change and to increase the people understanding of energy use at home by fostering their awareness by targeting them with accurate tips to reduce energy and CO2 emissions. The Internet of Data can play a key role in deepening the consumers’ knowledge over their behavior and it is a well-known fact that aware consumers generate a long-term benefit for the environment.
Data collected by Ned can tell us a lot about people behavior and quality of appliances at home.
The aim of the thesis is connecting Ned services to the most advanced frameworks based on machine learning and speech recognition, i.e. Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa!
The candidate will be required to:
1) study the functionalities and requirements of the two frameworks;
2) design and develop the interaction and integration between those frameworks and Ned APIs;
3) developing a set of rules and commands defined with Midori team;
4) build a final “demo” using Google Home and Amazon Echo speakers.
See also ned.midorisrl.eu
Required skills The candidate is required to have the following skills and competences
- Good knowledge of .NET/C# and Webservices
- Good knowledge of Framework AngularJS
- Good knowledge of IoT/Smart Home environment
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Good attitude to teamwork
- Good level of spoken English
Deadline 30/11/2019 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA