Integration of offshore wind turbines and hydrogen production through electrolysis
Reference persons GIOVANNI BRACCO, MARTA GANDIGLIO, SERGEJ ANTONELLO SIRIGU
External reference persons Alberto Ghigo (DIMEAS)
Paolo Marocco (DENERG)
Research Groups steps-denerg
Description Topic: The work aims at analysing the case study of hydrogen production from offshore renewable sources. The case study will be a wind-turbines with a locally installed electrolyser (decentralized hydrogen production).
The activities will include:
- Dynamic model of a wind turbine
- Dynamic model of an electrolyser, including also different technologies
- Coupling of the two dynamic models to evaluate potentiality and bottlenecks in the integration of the two systems.
- Application of the as-derived model to a simplified case study to evaluate the performance of the WT-EL coupling for a typical year under different boundary conditions (scenarios).
- DIMEAS (G. Bracco, A. Ghigo, M. Sirigu)
- DENERG (M. Gandiglio, P. Marocco)
Requirements: good knowledge of dynamic models, autonomy, proactiveness. Good knowledge of English (thesis to be written in English)
Required skills Requirements: good knowledge of dynamic models, autonomy, proactiveness. Good knowledge of English (thesis to be written in English)
Deadline 23/12/2023 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA