Gamification in computer engineering education
External reference persons COPPOLA RICCARDO
Research Groups DAUIN - GR-16 - SOFTWARE ENGINEERING GROUP - SOFTENG
Thesis type EXPERIMENTAL
Description Gamification is the application of game-design elements and game principles in non-game contexts. Gamification is a relatively new trend that has been applied in various domains, including Software Engineering. However, few studies have explored the potential of gamification in the context of Computer and Software Engineering education.
The potential of gamification in education is based on the hypothesis that it supports and motivates students and can thus lead to enhanced learning processes and outcomes.
This thesis encompasses the following tasks:
- identifying the state of the art of the use of Gamification in Computer Engineering education
- identifying the most significant gamification mechanics applied to education
- propose a gamified approach for one or more topics related to Computer or Software Engineering education
- develop the gamified approach on a mobile or web-based application
- experiment with students to evaluate the effects provided by the approach
Required skills Java programming
mobile or web development expertise
Notes Constant commitment is required. This kind of commitment is not compatible with:
- more than 12 missing credits (~ 2 exams)
- being a working student (full-time worker).
Before applying, please contact Luca Ardito to check your profile with the project.
Deadline 28/10/2022 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA