Indoor Environmental Quality Web Application as Dashboard for IoT Continuous Monitoring and Assessment
Parole chiave ENVIRONMENTAL COMFORT, INTERNET OF THINGS, NETWORKING, WEB TECHNOLOGIES
Riferimenti ANTONIO SERVETTI
Gruppi di ricerca DAUIN - GR-11 - INTERNET MEDIA GROUP - IMG
Tipo tesi RICERCA APPLICATA, SVILUPPO WEB
Descrizione The availability of a huge number of low cost sensors for environmental monitoring allows to collect a large amount of real-time data on temperature, humidity, light, noise, etc. that can characterize the quality of various indoor ambients for work or everyday activities.
This project is aimed at the design and development of a client-server web-based software platform monitoring and assessing the quality in such environments.
* on the server side, an approach based on a [Backend as a Service (BaaS)](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_backend_as_a_service) architecture is envisioned, here the developer can outsource all the behind-the-scenes aspects of a web application so that it only has to write and maintain the frontend
* on the client side, an interactive visualization web application should provide charts, graphs and alerts by a real-time connection with the backend data sources
* on premises an IoT smart device collects environmental quality measures and interacts with the cloud for continuous monitoring
We are looking for master thesis students interested in the design, implementation and testing of web-based IoT environmental monitoring solutions.
The platform will be deployed on the project cloud environment managed via AWS Serverless computing .
The activity can be carried out without being physically present on a day-to-day basis at the Politecnico. If interested, please submit your CV and statement of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: environmental monitoring, internet of things, web technologies, networking
Thesis type: applied research, software development
* [Grafana](https://grafana.com/) - Operational dashboards for your data
* [Parse](https://parseplatform.org/) - Build applications faster with object and file storage, user authentication, push notifications, dashboard out of the box.
* [InfluxDB](https://www.influxdata.com/) - Open Source time-series database
* [AWS Serverless](https://aws.amazon.com/serverless/) - AWS Serverless Computing
Vedi anche indor-environmental-quality.md
Scadenza validita proposta 09/01/2023 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA