Design of high-performance hAFO (hinged ankle-foot orthoses)
keywords ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING, BIOMECHANICS, DESIGN, KINEMATICS, MOTION ANALYSIS, ORTHOSES
Reference persons CARLO DE BENEDICTIS, CARLO FERRARESI, WALTER FRANCO, DANIELA MAFFIODO
Research Groups 04-Automazione e Robotica
Description The thesis is oriented to Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering master students.
1. design and fabrication of a novel hinged AFO with high performance by means of morphological and functional customization;
2. verification of dynamic/kinematic alterations to gait patterns by comparison with traditional, commercial or customized devices.
Features of the device:
• coherent design by means of 3D scan and additive manufacturing techniques;
• functionality to adapt to a desired kinematic pattern, for instance: average axis of rotation of the sound limb;
• modular, adaptable and wearable design;
• enabling up to 6 DoF of joint kinematics by means of appropriate mechanical design of the hinge.
The activity will be conducted at the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (DIMEAS), also by using the instrumentation available at the Interdepartmental Center PolitoBIOMed Lab (https://www.biomedlab.polito.it/).
Required skills Applied mechanics, 3D modeling (e.g., SolidWorks), mechanical design, fundamentals of robotics and motion analysis.
Deadline 02/03/2022 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA