Industrial thesis with financial support - stochastic models for capacity and production planning
keywords OPTIMIZATION ALGORITHMS
Reference persons GUIDO PERBOLI
Research Groups RICERCA OPERATIVA E OTTIMIZZAZIONE - ORO
Thesis type INNOVATIVE-EXPERIMENTAL
Description The thesis considers the problem of developing stochastic programming models for planning and allocating the production capacity of a large company over several plants/manufacturers.
The thesis is part of an existing collaboration with the FCA group and will be held in collaboration with CRF. The student will be inserted in the WCM group and starts from an existing model, which is dealing with the main constraints but does not consider the uncertainty of some data sources.
A scholarship is available.
• Extend the existing model, identifying the main sources of uncertainty
• Evaluate the effect of the uncertainties
• Help the developing group in integrating the model in the existing tool
Required skills • Mathematical programming and Combinatorial Optimization
• Basic knowledge of stochastic processes or probability theory
• Computer skills: Java, Cplex
Notes A scholarship is available.
Deadline 30/09/2018 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA