Creation of an IoT test bed for the users' privacy assessment
keywords DATA ANALYTICS, INTERNET OF THINGS, IOT, NETWORK MEASUREMENTS, PRIVACY
Reference persons DANILO GIORDANO
Research Groups DATABASE AND DATA MINING GROUP - DBDM, GR-04 - DATABASE AND DATA MINING GROUP - DBDM
Description The thesis aims to create an environment that emulates a house in which there are several IoT devices such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Camcorders, Lights and Smart sockets.
Once this environment has been created, the thesis will focus on the acquisition of data exchanged between these devices and the network and on the analysis of these data.
- which devices are more invasive for the user, sending more data to the network even when not necessary
- where the traffic is sent
- if centralized data collection nodes exist
- which user habits can be identified by these data.
The thesis is part of a joint project with Imperial College of London and Northeastern University of Boston.
Required skills - Programming in object languages (Python type)
- Linux system
- Basic network knowledge
- Basic data analysis techniques
Deadline 23/09/2020 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA