Integration of a hydraulic damper in a semi-active prosthetic leg
Thesis in external company
External reference persons ANDREA BERETTONI, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Referente IIT: SIMONE TRAVERSO, Rehab Technologies - INAIL-IIT lab
Research Groups 04-Automazione e Robotica
Thesis type EXPERIMENTAL AND NUMERICAL
Description The thesis concerns a semi-active (hybrid) knee prosthesis for trans-femoral amputees, currently under development at the Rehab Technologies laboratory of the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Genoa. Although passive electronic prostheses are the most widespread on the market, hybrid prostheses are currently being developed that can associate some benefits of active prostheses, such as, for example, greater support during some phases of walking and stairs-climbing, to the lightness and silent behavior of passive systems.
The student will have to participate in the activities of the project and, in particular, deal with:
- Simscape modeling of the lower limb;
- modeling of the hydraulic part and characterization by test-bench;
- (possibly) development and implementation of control strategies, both in a simulation environment and in real-time on the prosthetic leg.
The experimental activities and meetings, to be conducted in Genoa, will be scheduled in advance. In any case, it is particularly recommended to carry out the thesis activity at the Rehab Tecnologies Lab in Genoa.
See also mt_proposal_iit_v2.pdf
Required skills - Basic knowledge of Simulink/MATLAB environment for system modeling;
- Basic knowledge of CAD software;
- Basic knowledge of mechanical design and control;
- Limited expertise in experimental testing;
- Basic knowledge of LabView operating system.
Deadline 28/09/2023 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA