procedure applies to all Non-EU applicants living outside Italy
who need a study visa type-D
to enter Italy for enrollment in an Italian University. If you fall under this category, along with your application to Politecnico di Torino, you MUST also submit a pre-enrolment application on-line
through the UNIVERSITALY
HOW TO APPLY FOR PRE-ENROLLMENT
All information on how to complete the pre-enrolment application is available in the Universitaly
portal. Read instructions!
- Enter your personal information exactly as in your passport
- Enter the Politecnico di Torino Username (FXXXXXX) in step B
- Select the program you have been admitted to (Warning: you may not find the English taught program in the Universitaly menu. Please consider as official the language of instruction reported in the Confirmation of Eligibility letter and official academic offer)
- Upload the Confirmation of Eligibility letter available in MAIN section of your PoliTO application; if you forget it don't worry, we will upload it during our validation
- Attach the documents listed here and check with the diplomatic-consular Missions of reference if other documents are required.
The Declaration of Value/ CIMEA Statement of Comparability
is not necessary at this stage but the diplomatic-consular Missions may need it for the visa application. To learn about CIMEA services for certification and verification of qualifications
and request a Statement of Comparability
please register on diplo-me.eu/cimea.
Please be accurate in filling in the pre-enrolment application so that we can speed up the validation procedure.
DEADLINES TO APPLY FOR PRE-ENROLLMENT FOR A.Y. 2022/23
Pre-enrolment applications are open from March 23rd until July 29th, 2022. If you do not submit your pre-enrollment application within this deadline you will not be able to complete the enrolment procedure at Politecnico di Torino.
VALIDATION OF YOUR PRE-ENROLMENT APPLICATION
Politecnico di Torino will validate your pre-enrolment application ONLY once:
- the SAT/GRE/GMAT certification you submitted get approved by Politecnico di Torino and therefore you have been exempted from taking the TIL test (article 13 of the Call for admissions) OR
- you get a TIL-I -D -P score higher than or equal to the guaranteed threshold (60/100 for Engineering and Urban Planning, 70/100 for Design) which enable applicants to enrol immediately in the programme of first preference OR
- you get a TIL-I -D -P score higher than or equal to the minimum threshold (20/100). You can decide to wait until Wednesday 27thJuly 2022, when the ranking list are published to know if your position on the ranking list allows you to enrol at Politecnico. We will therefore not validate your pre-enrolment application before this date. Alternatively, you can take the TIL-I -D -P test again in one or more subsequent sessions if available. In this case the score obtained in the latest test invalidates the score obtained in previous tests
- you pass the TIL-A and you are ENROLLED according to the specific Call for admission
- you uploaded all educational documents and language certificates necessary for the admission
- you paid the first instalment of tuition fees as per instructions included in section ENROLLMENT of your online application
Once the validation is done, you will receive a notification by Universitaly. Moreover, you will be able to check the date of validation in the MAIN section of your PoliTO application as well.
For those reasons, we kindly ask you not to send tickets for information about the validation of your pre-enrolment.
STUDY VISA REQUEST
Once the pre-enrolment application is validated by PoliTO you should promptly arrange for a visa application
for study purposes at the diplomatic-consular Missions of reference in your country of residence (part IV https://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/
English version available soon). This visa is necessary to enter Italy and complete the enrolment procedure. Please note that Unitalia Association
can assist you in the pre-enrolment and visa application process, you may refer to Uni-Italia Center in your country
WARNING! Requirements for visa release (such as language requirements) at the Italian Embassy in your country might differ from PoliTO’s requirements. It is your responsibility to comply with both the Embassy and PoliTO’s requirements.
In case your study visa is denied, you cannot complete the enrolment procedure at Politecnico di Torino.
NEW! WEBINARS ON PRE-ENROLMENT APPLICATION AND ENROLMENT PROCEDURES
- the pre-enrollment application is the first step for the issuing of study visa type-D. The “Confirmation of eligibility letter” given by Politecnico does not replace in any case the official pre-enrolment procedure which must be done only through the UNIVERSITALYportal
- the preliminary acceptance by the university does not confer any right to obtain a visa
- the subsequent pre-enrolment phases will be completed at the Diplomatic-consular missions for the purpose of obtaining the visa
- the organization of teaching activities (in-presence or mixed mode) still have to be defined
Politecnico di Torino will arrange in the next months a webinar series
on pre-enrolment application and enrolment procedures. The webinars caledar including the link to access each webinar is available under section MAIN of your application, as soon as your Confirmation of eligibility letter appears.
Eligible applicants will be invited through email/tickets as well. Check regularly section FAQ/Ticketing of your POLITO application and the email account used for the apply registration not to miss this chance.