By attending the Electronic Engineering program you will acquire an advanced scientific and technical training through both theoretical and practical bases to help you grasp and deal with the various scenarios of current and future technology in our world (from industrial automation to the world of miniaturized sensors, from electronic systems for entertainment to electronics for space missions, from surprisingly small technologies to appliances that make your home more liveable).
Photon systems, lasers, fibre optics for fast communication and low power consumption.
Optimized circuits and programs of "embedded systems such as tablets and smart-phones to communicate and process.
Circuits and systems used for "home automation", in a sustainable and energy-smart home.
Nano-technologies of the future used to build next generation super-fast computer systems.
Microprocessors and integrated architectures used in super computers and in advanced data processing systems.
Electronic systems for the transmission and reception of data for communications systems.
Nano-biotechnology, devices and sensors for biomedical systems and structures with low environmental impact.
Electronic systems used in robots for industrial automation, for home automation (domotics), for automotive and aerospace automation.
Measurement and calibration systems used in both industrial equipment and biomedical applications.
In most of the courses in the second year and in all courses of the third:
- you will access laboratories laboratories;
- you will experiment what is studied in class;
- you will work on tangible projects to understand and experience the real world.
There are many workshops available, and they are specialized and up to date on the subjects of the degree program.
At the end of the third year:
- you can approach the working world through an internship;
- you can work in big consolidated companies or in young and innovative companies;
- you will use instrumentation used in
English is an opportunity, not a hurdle.
The degree program in Electronic Engineering is entirely Italian, with specific courses that can be followed in English. Students who are interested in an entirely English program can choose the degree in Electronic and Communication Engineering: a modern program, aimed at providing the foundations of modern electronic technology, information and communication.
At the end of the three years, students will indeed be able to normally discuss technical issues in English, ready for the challenges of the global world.
- You can directly enter the working world with the skills that you have acquired over the years. Look at the statistics of AlmaLaurea for more information.
- If you want to boost your professional knowledge you can enrol directly in the Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, or in Communications and Computer Networks Engineering which you can attend, depending on the specializations, either in Italian or in English, with the option of pursuing a double degree, or you can plan a period abroad (a semester or your thesis) through the Erasmus programs.
- You will therefore have all the skills necessary to place yourself in any work environment.
If you prefer to stay in touch with the research community you can stay on and get a a Ph.D.