Attitude Determination and Control strategies of a small satellite for the observation of a collaborative target
Reference persons FABRIZIO STESINA
Research Groups 22-Progetto e sviluppo di sistemi e tecnologie aerospaziali
Description Objective: the thesis aims at defining the attitude determination and control strategies for a small satellite that orbits around a collaborative larger spacecraft.
Thesis main points:
• Analysis of state of the art and definition of the system requirements
• Definition of the determination strategies and the control techniques considering the constraints deriving from the actual small satellite technology
• Definition of the mathematical problem and definition of the detailed simulation models, including dynamics and kinematics aspects and uncertainties on the system elements
• Building of an advanced simulation environment that enables the assessment of the system performance and the verification of the requirements
• Analysis and comparison of the simulation results and selection of the best strategies
Note: the thesis is carried out in the framework of the SROC project funded by the European Space Agency.
Required skills Control system, control system for space vehicles, Matlab/Simulink
Deadline 30/06/2023 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA