Mission planning tool for stratospheric platforms
Thesis in external company
Reference persons ALESSANDRO RIZZO
External reference persons Dr. Gabriele Sartor, Stratobotic
Thesis type EXPERIMENTAL AND MODELING
Description The thesis will be carried out in the company Stratobotic. http://www.stratobotic.com/
High Altitude Pseudo-Satellites (HAPS) are platforms performing telecommunication and Earth Observation from the stratosphere. Nowadays, several aerospace companies are developing its own stratospheric platform given the increasing interest in creating the future middle-layer between satellites and ground systems.
The goal of the thesis is to study and develop tools to improve the simulation and the mission planning of stratospheric platforms balloon-based, visualizing their results on a GUI.
During the development, experimental activities will be organised to test the system in operational environment.
Required skills - Good experience with Python and Object-oriented programming
- Good knowledge of physics and simulation principles
- Comfort working with teams and individually
- [Optional] Basic experience working with planning (PDDL or other high-level planning languages)
- [Optional] Basic knowledge of flight visualization tools
- [Optional] Comfort working with Git
Deadline 01/01/2023 PROPONI LA TUA CANDIDATURA